Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My latest obsession


I am the worst about obsessing over things and not being satisfied until I have mastered it. Well, my latest obsession is the French macaron. After seeing the macrons from here, I couldn't rest until I had some of my very own to enjoy. So I found a recipe, well several recipes but the one that I decided upon was for Chocolate Raspberry macarons. I love chocolate and raspberry anything, so what better way to try making macarons?! The recipe can be found here. It was pretty straight forward and relatively easy to make, a little time consuming, but aren't most things that are worth anything? I would have liked the macaron to be a little more pink, the batter was a lovely shade, but alas faded as they were baked. I wanted to make sure that there was a distinct raspberry taste so I added some raspberry extract to the batter as well. You'd think that being a recipe that I have never tried, or even a type of cookie that I've never made, that I would actually stick to the recipe, but no... I did find that the second batch I made were better, I think it was because the batter was room temperature and had rested longer. I plan on making many more of these with lots of other flavor combo. I hear they're better if you wait a day to eat them, but how can you resist?

My three year old told me that they looked like little hamburgers. I guess they do, sort of.

No comments: